Use of a flushing nipple?

cantom

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
554   0   0
I was thinking a flushing nipple was so you could run water back through the nipple channel and flush it all out through the barrel, basically for cleaning.

But, it seems it's actually to keep your solvents, Ed's Red etc. from blowing out the nipple hole and all over your stock when you're brushing out the barrel.

Does anyone know the whole scoop on how to use a flushing nipple?

Track of the Wolf has em for $3.50.
 
Why couldn't they do both jobs ? I have used a flushing nipple with a hose in a bucket , it works well , but usually still makes a bit of a mess when it comes out of the muzzle anyway.:redface:

I usually put a bit of flannel over the nipple/hammer down when cleaning...don't bother with the flushing thing anymore...:)
 
Back
Top Bottom