A question for those that are very familiar with in line/ modern Muzzle loaders. I have a Remington genesis .50 cal muzzle loader. I tried a few different projectiles, the last being power belts and that is what I am sighted in for! What I found when doing a major cleaning yesterday is a thick ring of some kind of crud about 1 1/2" in from the breach. I used ends red and brush,, Balistol and brush, then rem bore bright and left it for a couple hours and brushed,, a lot, that took all but a speck or two, I think this is melted plastic from the sabots and power belts!
My question is can I use a felt( lubed or not) pad between the sabot and the powder charge( white hots in this case) to reduce the fouling ring in the barrel. I know the thin plastic is there to spread out and seal/ grab the rifling but I think it would still do that without the blast actually touching it!
Any help and ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers Bob
Ps I do clean every 3 shots at the range but never noticed the build up till I got home, maybe it's just the power belts, they are accurate in my gun.
My question is can I use a felt( lubed or not) pad between the sabot and the powder charge( white hots in this case) to reduce the fouling ring in the barrel. I know the thin plastic is there to spread out and seal/ grab the rifling but I think it would still do that without the blast actually touching it!
Any help and ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers Bob
Ps I do clean every 3 shots at the range but never noticed the build up till I got home, maybe it's just the power belts, they are accurate in my gun.


















































