Utting pistol

Paatz

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Location
Winnipeg


I don't know very much about this.
Has anyone seen anything by the same maker?
The only reference I have found on the net refers to a John Utting, gunmaker in England in the early 1800's.
I think perhaps it's been converted from a flintlock.
 
It looks to me also as if it has been converted from a flintlock. Also the proof marks look to be fairly early marks which would also lean towards a 1800 time period of manufacture

cheers mooncoon
 
The barrel has London proof and view marks used ca. 1740 - 1850. Nice pistol:)
4dddca34e1.jpg
 
Thank guys. No I haven't shot it. Always thought of it as a wall-hanger.
I'd get somebody to check it out before considering shooting.
It was Grandad's. There were also a couple of long black powder guns in his collection.

I'm not looking to sell it, but does anyone have an idea what it would be worth?
The only other Utting I have seen was a flintlock, and IIRC it was around $1500.
 
Back
Top Bottom