Value help needed - old (very old) Winchester 94 in .30 WCF

stricks

New member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
NW Alberta
Gentlemen …. following my Ross thread and part of the same package I am establishing the value of an old (very old) Winchester 94 in .30 WCF.

It has a good size sliver missing from the stock (where it meets receiver) and missing the front barrel band screw. Despite it's shortcomings I am told it functions well and is surprisingly accurate, although I have not fired it. Ascertaining what I can from it's serial # (44919#) ..it has a date of manufacture ~1909.

As per pics the condition would be IMO, poor.

Thank you for all replies.


Uuh6TnX.jpg
[/IMG]

slkHYta.jpg
[/IMG]

yJXVrn7.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Good morning,

Based on the serial number the rifle was actually manufactured during 1910. Because of the almost non functional butt stock and the total loss of bluing on the receiver the rifle has no collector value to it. IF the barrel is stamp MODEL 94 it is not original to the gun. The fore end wood has been heavily sanded at some point. In the States it is worth about $300 or so.

Michael
 
Worth more as a parts gun than a shooter unfortunately. I would say $300 max for value. Original replacement wood(when you can find it) will run $350 min. for a decent set and you still have what's known in collector circles as a "grey gun".
 
Back
Top Bottom