value of 25 rimfire ammo

jimmyjazz

CGN frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.9%
779   1   0
Location
PEC
A friend owes me some money and has offered a Stevens single shot rifle and a box of CIL shells.
He insists the ammo is worth more than the rifle.

Ary ideas what this is worth?

Cheers
 
Depends which model of Stevens it is, to some extent and particularly on condition. I paid about $200 for my model 44 in 25 rimfire with a mediocre bore and no finish on the outside. I think they may also have been made in the Favourite model which is a smaller version of the model 44, I would guess that in standard dark condition probably $100 - $125 in 25 rimfire. I doubt that a box of 50 shells would be worth more than 50 or 60 dollars unless you got the right person.

cheers mooncoon
 
I have some 25rf here that were loaded probably back in the 40's, good luck getting some ammo for it. I know there were some sites where they were loading the rifle with ball, patch and using a ramset carthidge in 25 calibre, I guess it shot quite well.
 
Prives must be better in BC... Around here a stevens in 25 unless it is pristine is a $50-$75 gun at the auctions. Ammo about $50 a box if it's super clean stuff and not corroded.
 
"...last time CIL loaded..." CIL hasn't loaded any ammo since the late 60's. There was .25 RF Long and Short too.
"...worth more than..." $80 to $100 US, Stateside, on one site. "when available."
"...has offered a..." Get the cash.
 
Back
Top Bottom