Value of 6.5X55 Swedish Gallery Rounds?

Drachenblut

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
Location
Smithers, B.C.
Hello,

I have in my possession a bag of 50 6.5X55 Swedish Mauser Gallery Rounds from the late 40's or so. These bullets have a very low powder charge and a tiny bullet, and were used to help train soldiers, or give soldiers the opportunity to practice their marksmanship while in the field without wasting good "killing" ammunition.

Does anyone know if these are valuable, and if so, what they might be worth?

Cheers,
Drachenblut
 
There is a dealer in the US that sells it for $15/100. Up here...who knows? I guess if the brass is reloadable then it might be worth something. However, if it is Berdan primed then is really just a novelty item.
h ttp://www.surplusfirearms.com/ammuniti.htm
 
There is a dealer in the US that sells it for $15/100. Up here...who knows? I guess if the brass is reloadable then it might be worth something. However, if it is Berdan primed then is really just a novelty item.
h ttp://www.surplusfirearms.com/ammuniti.htm

I've fire several hundred rounds through my M38 and M96 Swedes and it works great for squirrels and grouse. You can duplicate it easily with a .27 cal round ball and some Unique or Universal Clays.

I bought it at $10/100 and wish I'd bought more as I'm down to a couple hundred or so. Unfortunately it appears to be drying up and all that I have seen was BE/NC...


blake
 
Back
Top Bottom