Value of a 56 Smooth Bore

alphamike

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
When my dad passed away, he left me all of his firearms, and there is this beautiful Thompson Center 56 S.B that I have in my vault collecting dust. It is in beautiful condition, but is something I likely would never use. My little fellow is 8 and I was thinking I might try to sell or trade this rifle for something the youngster would like to shoot. I would hate to give it away so to speak. Just wondering if anyone could give me a hint what it could be worth if I decided to part with it? Thanks for any and all input, I really appreciate it.
 
Less than 300% of new? Not sure what to make of that.

Alphamike - post some pics, overall and detail of any flaws. You will get responses, as in the last several weeks there have been umpteen people saying "I've got an old gun with X name on it, what's it worth?" and I think people have stopped bothering to respond.

Generally blackpowder gun values are very relative on specific conditions which can not be determined without pictures or very very very very well detailed descriptions.

If you're unsure how to post a picture the photo gallery section has a very good very simple to understand thread on how to post a picture. It's stickied near the top of the page.
 
They arn't very accurate as a rifle.Better off getting a .50 or .54 replacement barrel.Green mt or E-Bay..They take barrels 1" across the flats...........Harold ***** and a hard to find .550 ball
 
Last edited:
I bought one recently from a fellow outta Grand Prairie for $350 shipped.
You can change barrels if you can find one as they are a TC Renegade. The .56 cal being equivilant to a 28 gauge so I'll be using mine to bust bunnies and the odd road chicken.
At one time TC made a .550 bullet mould for this. Track of the Wolf has(had) some .550 rb.
 
Back
Top Bottom