value of a gold plated winchester 94

mikeystew

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Location
Beautiful BC
The other day an older friend of mine pulled out from under his bed a klondike commerative 30-30 winchester 94, gold plated rifle still in the box, never fired, with the ammo it came with also still in the box. it is one of only 10 000 ever produced. what is this gun worth today? does anyone have an idea?
 
To me it is worth less than one that is blued because I don't like all the shiny chrome. In a general sense, I think very very few comemoratives are worth more than the basic gun in its standard form.

cheers mooncoon
 
I'll not tell my retired buddy that, he's quite old and dosen't like bad news much, it sounds like it's worth less to you folks than what he paid for it 25 years ago lol.
I give marlin my vote personally
 
Well I have seen them go as high as $900 as far as asking price at gunshows, but they are actually worth tops $500, usually you can find them for less then $425. Special kind of buyer for those babies, if they have been fired then not much more than $350 but easier to sell at lower price!!
 
Back
Top Bottom