Value of Parker Hale Musketoon.

DaveF

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
336   0   1
Location
Airdrie, AB.
I'm looking to get an idea of the value of a Parker Hale 1861 Musketoon copy.
It's in it's original box, unfired but has a few slight handling marks on the wood. The hammer cupped recess is unmarked, so it doesn't appear to have been dry-fired either.
It comes with the Sergeant's tool, and wire brush and mop both threaded for the cleaning rod,
Also has the original paperwork including the reprint of the 'Instruction on Musketry' book, and the 'Parker Hale' jacket patch.
It's missing the nipple protector however.
Any ideas ?????
Regards, DaveF.
 
Locally they go for $500 - $700. I suspect there is a bigger market in areas where reenactments take place. I suggest doing a google search; I got lots of hits when I tried one with prices from $450 to a ridiculous $1050

cheers mooncoon
 
Locally they go for $500 - $700. I suspect there is a bigger market in areas where reenactments take place. I suggest doing a google search; I got lots of hits when I tried one with prices from $450 to a ridiculous $1050

cheers mooncoon

I agree with this pricing. They are a very high quality arm indeed!
 
Thanks guys.
It, and an RCMP commemorative I am asking about on another sub-forum , belong to a friend who is in a care home due to early onset dementia.
His wife is looking to sell them at some point down the road to help defray expenses as he is too young to claim OAS, and his early CPP payments don't come anywhere close to covering his expenses in care.
Regards, DaveF.
 
Over here in the UK there are quite a few about - my local [high-priced] dealer has five or six of them on sale at around $400-500 mark HERE, and that's without all the bits that go with them.

I have Serial #1136 - a very early P-H Musketoon, but I'm not going to be prised away from it any time soon - it's a real hoot to shoot, as you can see on this youtube clip from a couple of weeks ago -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCsmZPBUPY

tac
 
Why competition shooters?

P-H is considered by some (many?) to be the benchmark of repro's like Enfields...Quality is certainly there....Williams Arms (in Port Perry) had a couple of P-H's for sale not that long ago....One was an two band (1858) Enfield and the other was a Musketoon....Both were selling for $700...

I already have a two band Enfield (Euro Arms) and I ended up buying a Le Mat cap 'n ball revolver instead....
 
Save your phone calls...the PH's were sold like 6 months ago. They were the boss's guns and were brand new condition. :redface:

P-H is considered by some (many?) to be the benchmark of repro's like Enfields...Quality is certainly there....Williams Arms (in Port Perry) had a couple of P-H's for sale not that long ago....One was an two band (1858) Enfield and the other was a Musketoon....Both were selling for $700...

I already have a two band Enfield (Euro Arms) and I ended up buying a Le Mat cap 'n ball revolver instead....
 
Pedersoli will be bringing out Enfield replicas starting in the spring.They are being made using the old Euroarms tooling but they are making a few changes .The stocks will be made of a better grade of walnut and the hammers are being changed to a more original style.Also the barrels will be match grade quality and no progressive rifling.A lot of the changes came as a result of talks with the civil war reeanactors in the US wanting a more authentic gun for reeanacting
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom