Value of Savage T/D 1899 .303Sav & Win 1898 12Gauge

Airborn_69

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
277   0   0
Location
AB
Sorry gents no pics available but was told they are in very good shape by a fella who wants to know how much he could get for them if he would put them for sale for collectors.

1) Savage Model 1899 Take-down in .303 Savage & comes with 2 boxes of ammo.

Built in 1913.

2) Winchester 1898 12 gauge pump Trench gun w/brake of the era ( Was told the brake has square slots in it ), has a modified choke.

Built in 1902

He estimates they are worth $1000+.
 
The savage is a common not really chased after caliber. Similar to a 32 WS to a winchester collector. Condition is everything along with being 100% original. No cracks, no sanding and refinishing, no sling studs, drilling and tapping etc. That being said they range in price from a beater for about $200 to a really nice one for about $800 - $900. Pictures would be need to really have an idea on the real value.
 
How many "very good shape" guns turn into real rats when you actually see them! A 303 T/D in really nice shape with 50% blueing on recieber is worth $500 IMHO. 303s ammo is ridiculously priced right now so you could add maybe $50 per bx.

His estimate of $1,000 for both may actually be close if they are in really nice shape not "very good shape"!
 
This is what I consider "very nice". I value a T/D and an octagon about the same. A round barrel less and a half and half a little more. This is a full octagon barrel in 303.

IMG_0254.jpg


0011899b.jpg


IMG_0251.jpg
 
I'd say he might be estimating a bit high on his 1897. I screwed up and missed a take down with great internals, worn bluing and 3 different spare barrels for $400... and I've never seen an original 1897 with a brake.
 
99trix: That is NOT a "very nice" 99, that is a beautiful & very rare to find in that condition 99! Few people have even seen a 1899 in that kind of shape. A "very nice" 99 is one I would consider as one with more than 30% blueing left on the reciever.
 
Back
Top Bottom