Value of Swiss Vetterli M78

RAO

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I have what I believe to be a Swiss Vetterli M78 that I inherited and am thinking of selling but I do not know what its value is. There is no manufacturer or other markings to determine make/model but from my internet research this is what I have come up with. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks,

RAO
 
In the $300-450 range if unsporterized, with a decent bore, and with cleaning rod. The demand for these guns has not been strong in the 20 years I've been following them. They can easily be converted to centrefire and ammo can be made fairly easily, but demand remains soft.
 
I agree that it is in very good condition and it appears the internals all work.


So based on this it is worth $450??????
 
I would say no less than $375+ Likely about $400 or more.

But it depends on where you list, is there somebody looking for one now at that price, does the right person see it?

You can list for more and somebody snaps it up right away or you wait a long time.

Or you go lower and perhaps hit the right interest/price point with somebody else faster.

Lots more variables.

Most auctions you can expect to pay 25-30% sellers cost
 
I sold 2 in the past 5 months. I believe I got $325.00 for one and $350.00 for the other. Neither was in the condition of the gun in this thread. As mentioned, it depends on who is looking at the time but it should go for 400.00 give or take given its condition.
 
Back
Top Bottom