Value? Original hbc trade gun flint lock

Rdcollector

Member
Rating - 95.1%
39   2   0
Location
Sask
I have an original Parker field and Co 1868 marked flint lock. LOCK ONLY. Curious what the value range would be. It functions marks are clear, including the tombstone fox 1868 and two line border engraving. Im not a newbie to antiques it is clearly an original there is pitting on internal side of the plate, flash pan and underside of the frizen. Non of which would impact function.
I’m considering using it in a personal build but would like to know value range before I do that.


I’ll try to get pics up but photobucket doesn’t work anymore for me. Lol
 
HBC Trade Guns come up for sale periodically. They have a couple of value points - Hudson Bay Company; native trade guns; treated as tools but easily broken or worn out, so condition is everything; scarcity; and good provenance is always more valuable.

My go to would be a private appraiser first name John last name Denner in Eastern Ontario. He was still around two summers ago, and he might even have a website but is too small time to be a sponsor.
 
Is this the lock sold through Switzers Auction?
I would suggest it would be worth more as a replacement lock for an original gun than as a lock to be used in a project.
 
Back
Top Bottom