Very, Very big ammo

sewktbk

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Location
Canada
hey all,

i'm looking for very very big caliber ammo. Something in the range of 2.5" in diameter and 7,5" in length (more or less). I don't need it to shoot, i have this design project, and i basically only need the brass and the bullet.

As i'm not that knowledgeable about this kind of heavy caliber, i figured i asked here, as i know a lot of gunnutz have military backgrounds.

in short, lets say you were to take a 9mm ammo and look at it with a magnifying glass.

like this :
speer-lawman-9mm-ammunition-luger-b.jpg
but as big as a forearm.
NOT like a .223....i need round nose and no bottle-like shape (i know, newbie lack of the right vocabulary)

Where should i start looking (if there is such a thing)?
 
2.5" in diameter.. I don't if anything like that exists unless you want a cannon ball.. other than that a rocket is all that I can think of. A 50 BMG is only .5" so a 2.5" is like :s
 
Thats CANNON ammo, not a small arm round anymore!

Your basically looking for a small anti-tank or artillery shell at that size.

Lots of military surplus stores carry inert old arty shells.
 
yes, the reference to the 9mm is only for the shape, i'm very much aware that its not a small arm round anymore ;)

it is indeed a dummy round i'm looking for. it wont ever be used as ammo, only simulate the look...
 
actually i just thought of something, and bottleneck is OK...i can modify it if i need.

if anyone has names or caliber + pictures, it would be of great help.

thanks all.
 
thanks,
although the look is too different from small arm ammo. I'm really looking for a supersized version of 9mm, 223, etc. same brass look.
 
I've got some shell cases that could look like super sized 223 as they are not straight walled. My Granddad was an engineer in WW2 and they were his. I think they were from a Naval gun of some sort.

I just took a quick look and they are 2 1/4" at the mouth and the shell is tapered and would look more like an up scaled .303 then a .223
 
Back
Top Bottom