Hi all!
So here's my situation:
A few months ago I was digging through my Grandparents attic, sorting stuff for the last time, looking for trinkets etc. I came across a note book of a long gone great Uncle. It dates back to the 20's and 30's. In it is logged he was buying 41 Swiss ammo.
I won't pretend to know anything about firearms from this era and could really use some help.
Was this cartridge only chambered in the Vetterli?
From what I understand, they are antique status from nessy's sticky thread, can one be hung for display on the wall?
Is the ammunition available anymore?
I have been searching the net for info but there is nothing I can find for any other rifles that this one mentioned, in 41 Swiss/rimfire.
I found a vetterli rifle for fairly cheap and am tempted to buy it.
I wouldn't be suprised if he was picking it up for my Great Grandfather who may have brought it from Norway. He was a Seargent in the Norwegian Army so who knows what they used in the 1890's.
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the situation.
Noel
So here's my situation:
A few months ago I was digging through my Grandparents attic, sorting stuff for the last time, looking for trinkets etc. I came across a note book of a long gone great Uncle. It dates back to the 20's and 30's. In it is logged he was buying 41 Swiss ammo.
I won't pretend to know anything about firearms from this era and could really use some help.
Was this cartridge only chambered in the Vetterli?
From what I understand, they are antique status from nessy's sticky thread, can one be hung for display on the wall?
Is the ammunition available anymore?
I have been searching the net for info but there is nothing I can find for any other rifles that this one mentioned, in 41 Swiss/rimfire.
I found a vetterli rifle for fairly cheap and am tempted to buy it.

I wouldn't be suprised if he was picking it up for my Great Grandfather who may have brought it from Norway. He was a Seargent in the Norwegian Army so who knows what they used in the 1890's.
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the situation.

Noel


















































