Vintage 410 shotshells - info only

zoli 16ga.

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Location
Toronto
Hey all, I have these vintage shotshells (a box of #5's and one of #6's) sitting here that would certainly be better appreciated by some collector or 410 aficionado (I'm a 16ga. guy).

Where would be the best place to post these? Hate to see them collect dust. I've tried to google canadian collector ammo sites, to no avail.

PICT9391.jpg

PICT9392.jpg

Thanks, Don
 
Not worth your time posting them, very small to non-existant market in Canada.

I had 380 boxes of "antique" or "collectable" type shells in .410, 20 and 12. I shot the majority off as they are not worth anything.

On the Bright side the ammo looks to be in good shape, you could probably get 10-15$ a box.
 
Show them to a vendor at a gunshow next time you are attending one, because the shipping cost of ammo makes it far too expensive to sell on a website for just 1 box (as you'll find most folk won't live near you for a local pick up). Those are good hunting rounds, and I've used them. You should expect a vendor to offer you between $10 and $15 bucks, because he will price it for about $20 to $25, and most guys will make cheap offers, and buy it for close to what the vendor paid.

Actually, your best bet would be to shoot the rounds off during your next couple hunting seasons, and then list the empty box on a website (ebay) or here on GNTZ. It looks like a good clean box, so maybe $20 to a collector of empty boxes should be fair I would think, and just regular mail shipping of an empty box is fine.
 
I should note, when I was buying up old shells I was paying on average 3$ a full box for old CIL,Imperial, Canuck, Older Winchester and Remington. Most boxes were in great shape, offered them to everyone you could imagine, no one wanted them. This was in the last two years.

Good excuse to buy a .410.
 
I just put them on a shelf beside my vintage calls, leather ammo case, shell belt and hulls from memorable hunts. Adds a nice touch. Maybe I'll just keep them, they're neat little shells!
 
I just put them on a shelf beside my vintage calls, leather ammo case, shell belt and hulls from memorable hunts. Adds a nice touch. Maybe I'll just keep them, they're neat little shells!

That is the best idea. The boys are just being honest Yes they are old and yes the box(s) are in nice shape but unfortunately not highly valued by collectors nor are they hard to find.
Now if you had some old two piece shotshell boxes in 410 or 28ga I would be telling you to toss the shells and list the boxes on e-bay. I sold off what I had a few years back and did very well on the two piece boxes but could not even get bids on one piece some similiar to yours.If you were closer I would trade you for some vintage 16ga paper imperials since I have lots and still shoot the 410.
They will look nice with your vintage gear:)
It is the 2 piece boxes you must watch for Those are all worth money especially small gauge. This 12ga Peters sold for 236.00 US. Most 2 piece will bring 100-200.00 min.

000_0409.jpg

box.jpg
 
Last edited:
I just put them on a shelf beside my vintage calls, leather ammo case, shell belt and hulls from memorable hunts. Adds a nice touch. Maybe I'll just keep them, they're neat little shells!

Careful...next you'll be adding a Winchester model 42 410ga, model 12 in 20ga and 16ga, Browning auto-5 20ga and 16ga, and the list goes on and on and on...:)
 
Ya, got hooked on 16ga. and now have three, including a 1949 M12. I seen a really nice 410 premiere in Bewdley. Was nice to shoulder and real tempting!
 
Ya, got hooked on 16ga. and now have three, including a 1949 M12. I seen a really nice 410 premiere in Bewdley. Was nice to shoulder and real tempting!


Yes... nice is the bait....and tempting is the hook. Cash and debt is the sinker, and then you're a true collector. :)
 
410 ammo

Been lucky with the purchases so far. When I bought the M12 they asked...why do you want a 16ga? Ok, all in for $165 because shells are expensive...bla, bla ,bla!!!! They coud'nt pass it over the counter fast enough!

M12andGrouse.jpg

Photo0778.jpg


Got an origional (non sears) Laurona sxs, 1962, double underlug, greener cross bolt and sideclips for $280 all in also. The third, is my dad's 1959 Anotnio Zoli original sxs, a one of.

Right place at the right time I guess. Maybe a 410 will fall into my lap!
 
I have recently started collecting old shell boxes as I plan on using them as a decoration in my new houses future gun room. I have descovered that they are very easy to come by alot of people have the old boxes and just dont know what to do with them.
 
I have recently started collecting old shell boxes as I plan on using them as a decoration in my new houses future gun room. I have descovered that they are very easy to come by alot of people have the old boxes and just dont know what to do with them.

You grab every two piece box you find since they are gold . Old one piece boxes are nothing more than display pieces and bring little money. Have fun with the collecting;)
 
Ya ill be shore to havent seen any yet though but only getting started. Ya i intend on making a display of them eventualy have a few getting more soon should look pretty good and thanks for the info.
 
Back
Top Bottom