Vintage Ammo

Rob Maar

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, New to this site. I have had a death in the family and have received some ammo. I do have numerous weapons but know nothing of vintage stuff. Dominion 12 gauge in the box looks like from the 1930 to 1940 era. Also some Whiz Bang 22short still in the box as well. Dominion and Winchester 30-06 Sprinfield still in the box also. Any idea on how old or collectable this stuff may be?

Also, Leige United Arms Co. 12g side by side with some wild engravings on it. Retriever with a duck in his mouth on one side and on the other he has a rabbit?

Any info would help to determine age and collectability would be fantastic! I am looking to sell it and help my sister after the loss of her husband.

Regards,
R
 
Thank you for the welcome and the kind words. He left my Sis, 2 sons and 2 mortgages. Any help here would be fantastic. Here is the link.

 
Condolences on your brother in law. Some very cool looking stuff there, I'm sure that ammo is quite collectible but that shotgun may be the real gem. Certainly looks the part. There's a great group of experts on here, myself not being one of them, but good luck!
 
Hi Everyone, sorry I posted the link private. It is public now. Thank you.

This is strictly from looking online, I'm not an ammo expert.

From what I can see, the Whiz bang goes from 20-40$/box for longs...you have shorts and they are worth more asking price it seems. 65-80$/box. This is all on if they're in nice condition inside, etc. etc.

The 12 gauge and .30-06 I'm not sure.

I did some looking and especially on the .30-06 I couldn't find much. I have some of the same .30-06 and bought it for shooting. 5-10$/box but that doesn't mean it's only worth that. I could have just gotten a good deal.

The shotgun, I have to agree looks like the money piece.

I'm stumped so far but I'll keep looking

More pics of the proof marks would help, and a serial may.

Here is a page with belgian proofs: http://damascus-barrels.com/Belgian_All_Proofmarks.html

I believe you have a shotgun with what is called "high relief" engraving. Need a closer look. Looks like a higher grade shotgun but seriously so hard to tell.
 
Last edited:
The shotgun will have some value but it won't be terribly high in this country. Your video doesn't show enough or tell enough about the shotgun to give any value estimate. Need to see more close up pics of the wood and proof markings on the barrel flats. I assume it's a 12 gauge ( opps, I see you said 12 gauge)? Any pitting in the bores, play in the action with the barrels open or closed, dents in the barrels, cracks, does it functioo properly? A better value can be given once some of these questions are answered and better pics provided.
The shotgun is Belgian and if you google Leige United Arms Co. you will find info on them. I have a Leige United Arms SxS in 28 gauge. Nice little gun.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom