Wal-Mart Ammo + Remington Gear

MTLean

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Went to WM yesterday and stopped by the "hunting" section which was derserted, dirty unopened in years glass displaying some Air Rifles and some .22 & shotgun ammo. I wanted to buy some slugs for my upcoming 780 from SFRC so bought a couple boxes and a box of Winchester .22 for 20$ (500 rounds).
Even in the lane i was impressed when i saw a 8$ pistol case for transport to the range (hard to clogg a 3rd gun in the one i currently own), some nice winter camo fleece gloves by Remington and also some hunting gear (pants, jacket) at a discounted price.

Just saying it might be worth to see if you can find some goodies at your local WM :)

Too bad it stops their, i think in the US they have some handgun calibres and such also but i might be mistaken... either way im a happy camper
 
I go to Walmart to pick up cheap Winchester birdshot target loads. I've never found it cheaper anywhere else. I think it's $6.57 for a box of 25 Winchester 12ga 2.75" #7.5 shot. They also have Remington oil and cleaners for cheaper than gun shops I think.
 
I go to Walmart to pick up cheap Winchester birdshot target loads. I've never found it cheaper anywhere else. I think it's $6.57 for a box of 25 Winchester 12ga 2.75" #7.5 shot.

Wholesale Sports sells Top Gun target loads for $58.99 per flat, which is ten boxes of 25 rounds.
 
I used to buy ammunition at Walmart. Being in Ontario, I don't trust the pukes that have access to book of records they have to keep. Besides, I've had more than one snotty encounter with a Walmart-employed anti working the shelf.

I'd rather support my local gun shop or a dealer on here.
 
I've bought ammo from Wally and had no problems.

But for their Remington brand clothing; better can be had. I have a set of the heavy weight winter gloves and the material is waterproof, the stitching is not. I also have the 3 in 1 (or is it 4 in 1) parka in camo and a second coat in blaze orange. It works and is warm, but bulky and loves to collect burrs. I have Rocky pants that was bought at a real gun/outdoor store and they are worth the extra money, as they are less bulky, just as warm and don't catch and retain burrs.

But for the budget minded person, it works. I just prefer buying the "good" stuff once and be done with it (and I don't classify the Remington stuff from Wally as the "good stuff").
 
Sometimes the temptations are hard, but every dollar you save at Wallymart, takes a local business off the map. On the other hand, every dollar that you spend in a small local shop, gives him more buying power and prices become more competitive, as well as increased inventory.

If you shop at Walmart, don't be asking where the little shops with all the expertise are?
 
I go to Walmart to pick up cheap Winchester birdshot target loads. I've never found it cheaper anywhere else. I think it's $6.57 for a box of 25 Winchester 12ga 2.75" #7.5 shot. They also have Remington oil and cleaners for cheaper than gun shops I think.


Italian Sporting Goods has them for $5.50 per box
 
Back
Top Bottom