Wannabe BP hunter needs advice

Many of the sidelocks come with a compromise twist, 1:48.I have had good results with the 1:48 and patched round balls and Mini/Maxi/R.E.A.L's out to 100 yards in 45,50,54,and 58cal's. from Thompson Center , Investarms, {same as Lyman, they make the Lymans} Lymans, and Pedersoli's. The slower 1:66 twists didn't shoot conicals as good as the 1:48 but did shoot PRB's a bit better than the 1:48 .

Look for a good deal on the used market here, paying attention to the bore. If the bore is not pitted or frosted , the rest is minor . get photos of the bore before you buy.
 
Apologies if I created any confusion. I edited as soon as I realized I was off the mark.

Historically speaking, was the PPRLI infantry ever used in support for the 78th's guns, or did they rely on their own support regiment/companies? I'm not ex-military {if by my question it's not obvious}, just historically curious.
 
Back
Top Bottom