Warnant revolver: info on it? What did I get myself into?

It's nearly impossible to tell when these guns were made .
I assume it has the ELG in an oval without the crown proof which caps the date at 1893
and the fluted cylinder suggests later make.
Usually 450 cal which is a fairly weak load ,455 should fit but...
Mine will take cut down 45 lc brass
Value? On EE? Hard to say nowadays ,things aren't moving like they used to.
1200$?
These are usually unmarked but if you take the grips off you might find makers initials.
Check out littlegun.com
 
Thanks for the input!

I'd like to know more about it, had a look at the site you mentioned a few times, when I have some free time I'll take more pics and info and post up what I learn.

Also, the little nub at the end under the barrel, I seen pictures where these revolvers have it and some that don't, can't think of the name off hand by I believe it is part of the ejector assembly.

Can you tell me anything about that?

How are yours in trigger pull from single to double action?
 
.450 cal should chamber and be able to shoot MKII brass...... you can measure and try......

My 1873 MAS .450 cal works like a charm with MKII brass....
 
Last edited:
The thing under the bbl is just a cap on eject.assy some are fancy but it has no extra function.
Mine is an economy model without the finial with a stoveblack finish and plain grips.
 
The thing under the bbl is just a cap on eject.assy some are fancy but it has no extra function.
Mine is an economy model without the finial with a stoveblack finish and plain grips.

Is yours a warnant as well? Curious about determining the year of manufacture
 
It's nearly impossible to tell when these guns were made .
I assume it has the ELG in an oval without the crown proof which caps the date at 1893
and the fluted cylinder suggests later make.
Usually 450 cal which is a fairly weak load ,455 should fit but...
Mine will take cut down 45 lc brass
Value? On EE? Hard to say nowadays ,things aren't moving like they used to.
1200$?
These are usually unmarked but if you take the grips off you might find makers initials.
Check out littlegun.com

On a side note and off topic, I see you have an 1876 revolver in the EE, it says 44 rem. Did you mean 44 special/S&W? Wiki says the 44 rem wasn't designed till 1950 (ish)

The spec says the 44 RM is about twice the pressure of the S&W is why I ask.
 
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's a couple of pix of my warnant
The ELG proof and R with a star on top controller mark places it between 1893 and 1877
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 101
I appreciate you taking the time to post some pictures. Is the lumber replacement? They look in good shape. The bluing looks clean as well
 
I think the grips are original,just low mileage.
The whole gun seems to be unused with just handling wear.

Wow, lots of them have rust freckling and wear at that age it seems. That thing is minty for one and quarter century old. Is the caliber .450 as well?

The wood hasn't even dried and shrunk to leave gaps or anything.


To be honest, I'd kind of like a shooter more than a collector, finding something in a more conveniant caliber (44 Russian or special) with maybe a longer barrel and in double action is probably where I'm headed eventually, if it's well worn or modified and has less collector value but still antique status is fine, neat to step into the world of antiques though for sure.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom