Webley Mk I question

They are the standard 45LC HKS 25-5 speedloaders, dremeled to fit. Interestingly, Fiocchi MK II brass fits the best, seems like Hornedy rims are ever so wider. As such I am not sure you would have enough material left on the speedloader walls to dremel to fit Hornedys. I can't speak for other types of MKI brass. I have altered 4 speedloaders(about $9 a piece), all drop 455 rounds perfectly.
 
They are the standard 45LC HKS 25-5 speedloaders, dremeled to fit. Interestingly, Fiocchi MK II brass fits the best, seems like Hornedy rims are ever so wider. As such I am not sure you would have enough material left on the speedloader walls to dremel to fit Hornedys. I can't speak for other types of MKI brass. I have altered 4 speedloaders(about $9 a piece), all drop 455 rounds perfectly.

good for you i was gona try that but gave up.
I use the domion 455 Brass which is longer and has thicker rims slightly than fiochhi or diffrent dia rims anyway there slightly diffrent.

I shall try it again tho after seeing your picture. :)
 
Cool, I'm going to try this. Is it obvious what parts need to be dremeled?


They are the standard 45LC HKS 25-5 speedloaders, dremeled to fit. Interestingly, Fiocchi MK II brass fits the best, seems like Hornedy rims are ever so wider. As such I am not sure you would have enough material left on the speedloader walls to dremel to fit Hornedys. I can't speak for other types of MKI brass. I have altered 4 speedloaders(about $9 a piece), all drop 455 rounds perfectly.
 
John, you just need to bore out the inner chambers of the speedloader so the 455 brass rims easily slide in and out. The loaders are plastic, take it slow and easy so you don't burn through the chamber walls. Nothing special otherwise.
 
i found this posting online if anyone is interected .

As a Webley collector for years I cursed the barbarians who milled down the back of Webley cylinders to shoot .45 acp. After years of frustration I finally decided to do something about it. I am a professional, qualified gunsmith with over 30 years experience in repairing and restoring antique firearms. From a precision machine shop I have obtained laser cut steel spacers which I sweat solder to the rear of a Webley .455 cal cylinder and ejector. Then the edges are all dressed to match the profile of the original parts and to hide the seam. The seam may be slightly visible depending upon the condition of the cylinder.

This repair returns the cylinder and ejector to the proper length to fire the .455 cartridge.

I do not need the pistol, just the cylinder and ejector.

Oren Truitt
Truitt and Son Gunsmithing
www.truittandson.com
 
They are the standard 45LC HKS 25-5 speedloaders, dremeled to fit. Interestingly, Fiocchi MK II brass fits the best, seems like Hornedy rims are ever so wider. As such I am not sure you would have enough material left on the speedloader walls to dremel to fit Hornedys. I can't speak for other types of MKI brass. I have altered 4 speedloaders(about $9 a piece), all drop 455 rounds perfectly.

Apu, where did you get the HKS 25-5 speedloaders? I've been looking for them but can't find any for sale in Canada.
 
Cool, thats like the grail of webley speedloaders, I was happy with my plastic loaders until you showed me that:)
 
Found this in england i think there pretty rare and it was alot more expensive than those plastic ones .
 
Last edited:
Hard to visualize it, can you show us some more angles and maybe what it looks like loaded with cartridges.
Awesome find!
 
well at that price i will be trying the dremel tool idea myself. I like my 44 special speedloader that i use with my S&W long strap model.
its funny when people are surprised that our forefathers figgered out stuff that we all think is modern thinking.
I figger if they knew to make break open revolvers the speedloader was the next thing to come along.
I have seen old rubber speed loaders as well.

I think the one that was bought for 150 pounds will only go up in value.
so i think a good thing to buy to go with a gun your keeping.
 
Very nice but the ultimate speed loader for the Webley looks like a leather tubular bandolier.
It functions like a speed loader with are a number of 6 shot reloads, one above the other. It reloads all 6 cylinders at once, by pushing the open Webley cylinder against the bottom of the tube, which is just above waist height.
 
Very nice but the ultimate speed loader for the Webley looks like a leather tubular bandolier.
It functions like a speed loader with are a number of 6 shot reloads, one above the other. It reloads all 6 cylinders at once, by pushing the open Webley cylinder against the bottom of the tube, which is just above waist height.

Hmm, something new to me, curious any pictures?
 
Back
Top Bottom