Webley Revolvers - The book

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
Webley Revolvers: Revised from William Chipchase Dowell's The Webley Story

It's THE reference book on Webley revolvers. Been out of print for 20 years. I've been looking for this book for a couple years. Recently missed out on one on fleabay a couple months ago when i was working in a remote camp and didn't have internet access. Hadn't seen one on ebay in 2 years, and then when it finally shows up I can't even bid on it. Sheesh.

But persistance pay off - I found it online at a used bookstore yesterday and placed the order. Should be here in a week. I feel like a kid at Christmas!
 
Last edited:
I've got that ebook. Basically a beginner's disassembly and reassembly manual.

The book I have on the way isn't a technical manual. It's more of a history book, kind of the holy grail for webley revolver nutz. They are scarce and there is a fair demand for them. The one on ebay that i missed went for $135 IIRC, and i would have been willing to pay that and then some.
 
Try finding "Webley Revolvers" by Gordon Bruce and Christian Reinhart. That would be the best Webley reference book. I find it much better organized than W.C. Dowell's "The Webley Story" book.
 
Try finding "Webley Revolvers" by Gordon Bruce and Christian Reinhart. That would be the best Webley reference book. I find it much better organized than W.C. Dowell's "The Webley Story" book.

I think that is the book he said he was finally able to find. I have a copy and it is great. I have read the original but I prefer the Bruce / Reinhard version better. You are very lucky if you can find a copy.
 
Well I have to chip in and proclaim I finally snagged a copy of the book and dustjacket in fine condition, this only after 18 months of really looking. I can't get over how relatively difficult these are to find. I have been rummaging the gun shows for last two years and finally it showed up online from a obscure book seller.
 
Yeah, I already have Dowell's Webley story, it's a nice historical reference. It's relatively easily sourced and if you shop around can often find good condition copies for just over $100.

My new aquisition Webley Revolvers: Revised from William Chipchase Dowell's The Webley Story by Gordon Bruce and Christian Reinhart is quite abit harder to find and generally pricier.
 
Back
Top Bottom