Webley Wedge Frame

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Below are some photos of a Webley Wedge Frame pistol I am about to start bringing back to shooting. About the only piece missing is the trigger guard plus I had to mill the cylinder pivot out with an end mill, it was so stubbornly rusted in place

cheers mooncoon

WebleyWedgeFramestart.jpg
 
Well the gun is now back together and more or less complete. The only major challenges were milling out the cylinder pin and making a new pin. I have had to make a few screws of oddball size (36 tpi) and still have to make three springs; trigger return spring, the single action sear spring and a spring for the hand. I also have to make a square socket type nipple wrench and remove the nipples and make new ones. The squares on the nipples are a peculiar size. I think I will leave those projects for a while and loan the gun for display at the local military museum.
I would be a little more gung ho except that I am still questioning whether I want to shoot the gun. The cylinder indexes with a bump on the trigger stopping against one of the flutes which separate the nipples and possibly kept from rotating the other way by the hand. Kind of a loosy goosy cylinder lock in my opinion, particularly when shooting single action.

WebleyWedgeFramefinishb.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom