Webley WG ammo?

The short answer is ...no
They can be modified to fit off the shelf cartridges likely; but modern ammo will be dangerous in most incarnations.
Learn to reload, it's easy once you get the hang of it
 
Last edited:
I do reload, just not sure I want to buy a die, shell plate, brass ect ect for a revolver I will shoot 100 rounds in a lifetime. Can they shoot modern powder?
 
I've shot mine...500 times most likely.
But surely you didn't buy it to shoot 1000's of times did you?
You bought it for the unique factor I'd guess.
What's safety worth to you? Complaining about additional reloading cost's for your antique is like complaining about the mileage on your Ferrari IMO.
 
I haven't bought it yet, just love the history and the way it looks. I stopped reloading because I bearly have time to shoot! I don't mind paying for reloading equipement if it is the only safe way to shoot. Safety is number one. Besides I would feel pretty bad destroying a peace of history. So can they use smokeless powder safely! Where can I find info on the reloading data?
 
The WG chambered for .476 Enfield is definitely worth getting. It's easy to load for - some WG pistols will take unmodiifed 45 Schofield brass, and some will need the rim thinned a bit. 45 colt brass fits in some of them, but most need to have 45colt brass trimmed back a bit, and the rim may need to be thinned as well.

My 476 WG takes unmodified 45 Schofield brass just fine. I load Unique powder and soft cast hollow based RN .457" (almost .458") bullet that shoots very well in .476 Enfield chambered guns. Soft cast flat base .454" bullets shoot fairly well in mine, too. If you get a WG feel free to PM me for loads, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom