Went into my local Wal-Mart today

It really is ridiculous the prices were seeing, also I wish canadian tire and walmarts near me sold ammo. I live in thornhill (just north of toronto, probably accounts for the lack of gun anything) and really the only place near us to buy ammo is either lebarons or bass pro, both of which I dislike more and more by the day. I am sick of paying so much for ammo, i think im gunna need to start reloading.

Try Ct on Eglington E. and Laird (east of Bayview). A reasonably nice collection of cheaper, popular cartridges for prices that are lower than Le Barron.
 
I buy .22 ammo at Wal-Mart only. Never have I been asked for more than to see the PAL so the cashier can check the expiration date.
Cabela's though I have been asked for PAL even to buy reloading supplies. Not a big bother but unneeded also. Guess they are being cautious about the store's responsibility. Never been asked for a name or address or for the info to be written down. Flick a bit of plastic and get 'er done.
 
Tell them you live at 24 Sussex Drive :D

They wanted to see 2 pieces of photo id. one being the pal and the other being my drivers licence with my address. I went to the customer service and talked to a "manager" who told me "it's the law" who I told that's not true. Then they said it's walmarts policy. To which i replied " so it's not a law now?"... I'll try another walmart I guess.
 
No need to wait. I bought their last Federal 30-06 boxes last week (they still have Wins and Rems). Just go to BB gun section and then get on all fours. Their ammos are on the two bottom shelves.
 
BassPro in Calgary has the 500 pack of Winchester .22LR on for $14.99, i'm sure the other stores follow suit with that.
 
I take it there is .22LR there, then? :)

Lots of 22's and shotgun ammo. Can't tell you if 22 prices are reasonable, since I haven't bought any 22's from them, but their other ammo seem to be 10-15 % lower than Le Barron. Looks like they are still going with the old prices.

Try to buy from them to encourage CT to re-stock and sell ammo in more Toronto stores. This store seems to be one of the last in G.T.A. to sell ammo.
 
Last weekend I bought 2 @ 50 rds. boxes of CCI Stingers, .22lr from a local CT for $6.97 ea. Wanted to try them, so I bought them. Went to the Walmart near by right after and bought a box of Winchester Dynapoints/500 box for $23.95. Have never used them before either. Ammo prices up all over for all calibres. Sucks when the cheap ammo isn't so cheap any more!
 
Lots of 22's and shotgun ammo. Can't tell you if 22 prices are reasonable, since I haven't bought any 22's from them, but their other ammo seem to be 10-15 % lower than Le Barron. Looks like they are still going with the old prices.

Try to buy from them to encourage CT to re-stock and sell ammo in more Toronto stores. This store seems to be one of the last in G.T.A. to sell ammo.

The Fed 525 bulk-pack sells there for $22 pre-tax; that's on par with what I've seen in Oakville...:)...though I still remember $17/box @ Wal-Mart....:(....;)

Still looking for a source for Winchester 333 in the GTA...:yingyang:
 
Back
Top Bottom