Went into my local Wal-Mart today

iroc22

Regular
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Location
Straiton
And ammo prices have gone up, significantly. I was shopping for 30-30 rounds and they had gone up from $14.87 box for 170g PP's to $16.87. So I went to the Wal-Mart Super Center about 20 mins down the road and the same 30-30 box was $18.84 (it wasn't in the wrong spot, I double checked the shelf tags). What gives? First, two Wal-Marts are two different prices and second a box of 30-30 for $18.84? Crazy. It seems everything in the showcase had gone a solid $4 up: in comparison 30-06 PP rounds were $21.96 and 300 mag $28.96. Can Tire hasn't budged on their ammo prices yet. And I know people are griping on here a lot about ammo prices, but this is crazy.
 
I saw that too, I figured it was just my Wal Mart. The only ammo I buy from them now is slugs.
I get value packs of bird shot way cheaper for more. Rifle ammo I get reloaded, so meh.

I wonder why they hiked the price for Winchester ammo though?
 
I noticed that as well with .308 168 grain... last time I bought (a month or two ago) it was sitting in the low $30's, now it's at $41. 12G value packs still cheaper than at CT though.
 
You should start reloading, then instead of complaining about ammo prices, you can complain about primer prices. :D

I never shot enough to warrant getting into reloading, but it's a good thing I saved all my brass because this is pushing me into reloading.
 
It really is ridiculous the prices were seeing, also I wish canadian tire and walmarts near me sold ammo. I live in thornhill (just north of toronto, probably accounts for the lack of gun anything) and really the only place near us to buy ammo is either lebarons or bass pro, both of which I dislike more and more by the day. I am sick of paying so much for ammo, i think im gunna need to start reloading.
 
.22 Ammo what gives?

.22 ammo is up about 7 bucks a box at crappy tire today, but .243 stays the same. Better stock up on .243 before it goes up aswell....

anyone else notice .22 ammo prices gone up if not point me in the right direction in the Calgary area where it hasn't gone up!!..So I can stock up...
Thx
 
.22 ammo is up about 7 bucks a box at crappy tire today, but .243 stays the same. Better stock up on .243 before it goes up aswell....

anyone else notice .22 ammo prices gone up if not point me in the right direction in the Calgary area where it hasn't gone up!!..So I can stock up...
Thx

Pro-Line shooters has federal bulk pack ammo for $21/525. It's not bad either.
 
Winchester Power Points are up to $8.50/100... not impressed. I should have bought more rimfire stuff when I bought all my centerfire ammo *slaps head*
 
if it was my wal-mart i'd be mad- i'd swear they had the same box of 308 since ablut 1984- they sell a lot of 22, but i sure wouldn't buy that box of 308- besides i have both russels and wsl, which i know turn over ammo
 
it's another way of restricting the sport. aka: raise the price of the batteries and the games will cease.
 
.303 British ammo went from $23 to $27 a box... its now substantially cheaper to shoot 300 Winchester mag if your shopping for ammo at walmart... but if you shoot 38-55 ($50 per box) or .444 marlin ($50+ a box) you would be happy to pay $30 a box so i suppose some perspective on what you think is "cheap" should be in order.
 
Anyone bought ammo from walmart... Do you give them your address? Is is wrong to not want to give not needed information to some 16 year old cashier?
 
Back
Top Bottom