Were any flintlocks produced in the 1890s?

Cartridge ammunition was very expensive, plus in certain countries in the Middle-East they were the only type of civilian arms allowed to be owned (easier for the rulers to control their subjects).
 
Any specific makers? I would want a late 1890s flintlock handgun that could be safely fired.
 
No specific makers, but you will find middle-eastern pistols usually under the generic name "Levantine" from regions ruled by the Ottoman Empire. However, because of age and quality I personnaly would not fire them.
 
Jezail.jpg


.........;)......

Any specific makers? I would want a late 1890s flintlock handgun that could be safely fired.

Well there's always the Collier revolver :yingyang: , even though that was 1819 - 1824.....:)

Or maybe a flintlock pepperbox revolver ?....:redface:
 
No specific makers, but you will find middle-eastern pistols usually under the generic name "Levantine" from regions ruled by the Ottoman Empire. However, because of age and quality I personnaly would not fire them.

I think the odds of finding one dated around 1890 would be slim but that is fairly modern compared to what some of us shoot. My most recent flintlock is a 1874 Parker Field & Sons trade gun. On the other hand I still shoot guns made in the 1800 - 1860 time period and have not had any problems with them.

Perhaps more to the point, it is the breach plug and possibly the barrel which are considered to be the frame or receiver of a muzzle loader and you might find a breached pistol barrel that you could build a pistol around. All the pieces other than the breached barrel can be modern and not affect the antique legal status of the gun

cheers mooncoon
 
For example, Track of the Wolf has listed a Ketland marked, Belgian made, brass pistol barrel. Apparently new, old stock.
 
There were some odd back action jobbies made for the African trade I think , nice arms- Belgian I think.

Dixie sold piles of em in the 60's-70's

I bet tons "literally" were assembeled out of old military Brit,French,Dutch and American stock aswell.
 
Back
Top Bottom