What’s acceptable headspace in a revolver?

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
What’s acceptable headspace in a revolver?

I loaded a bunch off 7.62x38 brass cut down and sized for a 7.5swede nagant. My question is the headspace. There’s a tiny gap between the case head and the breech where the pin strikes. It’s less gap then my credit card. Should I worry about this? I’m loading with bp and bp substitutes. I don’t own a gauge so I used a credit card and it’s less gap then the thickness of the card. Would this be considered safe enough to shoot?
 
I won’t! ... it just crossed my mind to check how much play to the rear the cylinder has, I can pull it back a touch in the fired position and it closes the gap.. an oversight of mine that I should have checked in the first place.

QUOTE=The Kurgan;14841147]Don't worry about it.[/QUOTE]
 
Not yet, was waiting for the thaw and now waiting for the range road to dry out, so we can drive back it without getting stuck lol!
 
Back
Top Bottom