What brand of sight is this???

358Scout

Regular
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Location
Saskatoon
Got these on a Shiloh Sharps I bought, and would like to get more info. I was informed it was made by
Lyman in their custom shop. They claim they never did make it.
Went to the library and checked several books also nothing.
The windage front globe has stamped on the bottom of the dove tail "54RS" ;which is actually a Lyman rear sight model number - they tell me.
Very confusing.

If anyone has one like this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks














 
Last edited:
The tang sight looks like some Track o the Wolf sells. In fact I have one that looks very similar. They come in varying heights. Do Google for Track of the Wolf.
 
No its not MVA. I had them make up a new base for my MVA sight using the same hole pattern as on this older one. They had no idea as to maker of this sight.
Sent pictures to Lyman - they couldn't figure it out either. What had them going is the front globe sight dovetail base is stamped 54RS
which they said was their number but for a rear sight.

Guess I'll never know.
 
No its not MVA. I had them make up a new base for my MVA sight using the same hole pattern as on this older one. They had no idea as to maker of this sight.
Sent pictures to Lyman - they couldn't figure it out either. What had them going is the front globe sight dovetail base is stamped 54RS
which they said was their number but for a rear sight.

Guess I'll never know.
I'm thinking you should post this on some dedicated cowboy action or BPCR website & you should have more luck there then here.

maybe.......
 
Back
Top Bottom