What causes this?

Ed Smurf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
KZ Quebec
This is a R-P .308 180gr PSP factory load...one of 2 I found in a factory fresh box....well factory fresh 15 yrs ago.
Someone told me this was rather common for Remington ammo, just want to know what caused it to be kinked around neck. All others were ok.
No, I will not try it out.
308deformed.jpg
 
Iam not sure to the exact cause. However since you have the original box that has the "Lot and Batch #" on the flap I would call the Remington folks and complain. You have nothing to loose and you will probably get a voucher for a free replacment box.
Hell if you do it with food products why not ammo.
 
x3 for Lube Dents. Seen a few of them over the years in factory boxes ... as long as they chamber easy, I've always just shot them and never worried about it.
 
I would suspect that such brass would have a much shorter lifespan.

Probably not that much.

The dent getting pounded out the once, is about the most that area of the brass is ever gonna get worked, and it's really minor, compared to say, blowing out Ackley shoulders, or doing heavy wildcat type reshapes and fireforms.

Shoot it.

Cheers
Trev
 
That looks like typical Remington quality control to me. I have been disappointed with them for some time. For example, a couple weeks ago, I found a 9mm pistol bullet in with some 55g .224 bullets in a new, sealed Remington bag. Their response was pretty much just a shrug.
IMGP1147.jpg

IMGP1143.jpg

IMGP1145.jpg
 
Probably not that much.

The dent getting pounded out the once, is about the most that area of the brass is ever gonna get worked, and it's really minor, compared to say, blowing out Ackley shoulders, or doing heavy wildcat type reshapes and fireforms.

Shoot it.

Cheers
Trev

Good to know.:D
 
That looks like typical Remington quality control to me. I have been disappointed with them for some time. For example, a couple weeks ago, I found a 9mm pistol bullet in with some 55g .224 bullets in a new, sealed Remington bag. Their response was pretty much just a shrug.

Is that cheap for 224 bullets?

I found some 45-70 bags of hollowpoints by Rem for 15$.
I bought about 6 bags.
Hopefully I was not hosed.
 
Back
Top Bottom