Heyall,
I have been shooting trap and hunting grouse with an old faux damascus SxS for the past 7 or 8 years, black powder proofed. The old bore is pretty pitted and I was starting to think it's time to find something with a better bore. Worst case scenario was always in the back of my head. Hopefully I got this thread in the right spot.
Yesterday I stopped in at my local shop to make a return and spotted a SxS on the wall on consignment, labeled simply, "Belgian 12 Gauge". I took some pics of the water table to figure out what I was looking at.
It was much fancier looking than most import farmer guns, and internal hammers. The proof marks indicate that it is black powder and nitro proofed. Based on an "f" mark, I think that makes it a 1927. It's 12 gauge, with post 1924 chambers, IM/F chokes. The only thing I cant figure out is who makes it. The only marking other than the water table is serial numbers between the barrels and "Product of Belgium" or something like that on the top of the barrels. There is a marking that looks to read "DBC" with maybe a superscript D after the C on the water table and again on the receiver under the barrel.
I found a huge list of gun makers and their associated markings, but DBC did not show up.
If you didn't get the hint from the title, I bought the gun today, so would really like to learn a bit more, and if I just bought a priceless piece or a POS. (or maybe somewhere in between).
The barrels are likely re-blued, they too good to be true. The bore is perfect, just not sure if it has been back bored or not. The bore markings both state 18.2, but the chokes gauged as mentioned above, full and I/M. The wood is nice, normal handling marks, but I dont think it has been refinished.
I will try and link some pics... I would really appreciate some help ID'ing this thing, and any hint that I might have grossly over/underpaid.
Thanks!
I have been shooting trap and hunting grouse with an old faux damascus SxS for the past 7 or 8 years, black powder proofed. The old bore is pretty pitted and I was starting to think it's time to find something with a better bore. Worst case scenario was always in the back of my head. Hopefully I got this thread in the right spot.
Yesterday I stopped in at my local shop to make a return and spotted a SxS on the wall on consignment, labeled simply, "Belgian 12 Gauge". I took some pics of the water table to figure out what I was looking at.
It was much fancier looking than most import farmer guns, and internal hammers. The proof marks indicate that it is black powder and nitro proofed. Based on an "f" mark, I think that makes it a 1927. It's 12 gauge, with post 1924 chambers, IM/F chokes. The only thing I cant figure out is who makes it. The only marking other than the water table is serial numbers between the barrels and "Product of Belgium" or something like that on the top of the barrels. There is a marking that looks to read "DBC" with maybe a superscript D after the C on the water table and again on the receiver under the barrel.
I found a huge list of gun makers and their associated markings, but DBC did not show up.
If you didn't get the hint from the title, I bought the gun today, so would really like to learn a bit more, and if I just bought a priceless piece or a POS. (or maybe somewhere in between).
The barrels are likely re-blued, they too good to be true. The bore is perfect, just not sure if it has been back bored or not. The bore markings both state 18.2, but the chokes gauged as mentioned above, full and I/M. The wood is nice, normal handling marks, but I dont think it has been refinished.
I will try and link some pics... I would really appreciate some help ID'ing this thing, and any hint that I might have grossly over/underpaid.
Thanks!


















































