What Do i have here?

Craig0ry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
239   0   0
Location
Southen Alberta
I have an abundance of this stuff (223), I know its military, British I think, I wonder if you guys can tell me more about it, Is it worth more than regular rounds? Let me know

SUC52832.jpg

SUC52831.jpg
 
Brit military 5.56 NATO, manufactured at Radway Green in 2001. Some may pay a premium for 5.56 over .223, I wouldn't.

No doubt fallen off the back of a truck somewhere near your stated location.
 
I put 200 rds through my AR 15A2 a number of years ago and by the time I finished I had a single shot AR! Over 70 IA's & Stoppages. The propellent that the British use, is designed to move the lightweight bullet that the SA-80, not a heavier one that you find in the AR. The propellant burns dirty also, clogging up the gas tube. Cleaning the tube was quite a chore. Use it in a bolt action rifle, but don't hold your breath on accuracy.
 
If you plan on reloading, check to see if it is Berdan primed.

Its boxer primed, I'v checked that,

And garand its a 62 gr bullet, so it isnt that light, I'v probably shot 200 or 300 rounds so far, I dont find it any more dirty than American Eagle. But then again in my 180b most gasses are concentrated down the barrel, it really doesnt get dirty anywhere else.
 
I put 200 rds through my AR 15A2 a number of years ago and by the time I finished I had a single shot AR! Over 70 IA's & Stoppages. The propellent that the British use, is designed to move the lightweight bullet that the SA-80, not a heavier one that you find in the AR. The propellant burns dirty also, clogging up the gas tube. Cleaning the tube was quite a chore. Use it in a bolt action rifle, but don't hold your breath on accuracy.

There's your problem.
 
Back
Top Bottom