What do you do with surplus brass?

schmidt64

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Location
BC
Is there any use for all the empty 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R casings I have left over? I assume they are not worth reloading if that is even possible? Any input?
 
Probably get a couple bucks per pound scrap. Unless you want to start making sculptures with them, probably not many other possible uses.

The berdan primed, steel cases, are not worth reloading, for those 2 reasons. Primers require a special tool to remove (and near impossible to find), and the cases will destroy dies, and not resize properly.
 
"...drill a hole in the middle to make them boxer..." That doesn't work.
"...not worth reloading..." Depends on the make. Not all surplus 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R is berdan primed. Most of it though. Berdan primed cases make good drawer pulls, then pitch the rest.
 
I sweep em up and s**t can em

Mighty ungreen of you jennis,,good man :D !!

On the other hand, maybe someone should go into business selling the things with little pins soldered to them. We could wear them on our lapels just like the ubiquitous ribbons worn by everyone who is better than us cause they care more ;).
 
Three words: Useless Metal Scrap. I tried to reload the cases and couldn't be bothered. I even tried to reload hunting ammo from PRVI Partisan. Won't work in my SVT i need to order "small base" dies to be specially made for it. No way Josay. I'll just buy the corrosive stuff and clean my gun out after the range. Not worth my time to reload this calibre.
 
Rule #37 in "Gunnutz and Reloaders Book of Rules"
37. Gather up all brass, whether reloadable or not. Reload, trade, or give away Boxer primed brass - NEVER throw away reloadable brass. All other brass, however useless it may be to anybody else, must be carefully stored for several years, taken out and examined, kept in careful storage for a few more years, or until you croak, in which case it can be thrown away or sold for scrap.

I can't bring myself to throw away nice surplus brass, no matter how big or small the berdan primer pocket is. Especially 7x57, 8x57, 6.5x55, 7.65x53, 7.62x54R, 8x56R. Did I miss any??:p:p
 
Back
Top Bottom