What have I got?

bisonhd

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Location
Victoria BC
Trying to figure out what I have and if there's any value. The two military M1903(?) and P17 are in pretty good shape.
The other three are quite worn but seem to function. All three are of large calibre.
1. - The first seems like a kind of sort of refined snider
2. - Army & Navy Double. I'm told it's a .500 Nitro Express.
3. - Remington 1899? missing magazine.

Thanks for any info in advance:
LTeV2hU.jpg
lleUYcx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hPrrDvG.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/GpxV73o.jpg
 
Take those rifles to Pullens Gun Shop in Victoria. He will give you realistic values on all of them.

John is good people.

All five of those rifles have decent value.

Be careful.
 
Those are some nice looking guns. Good luck finding .500 Nitro Express!

It has a set of new dies and a few pieces of brass. The previous owner had planned on firing it. I won't. Will eventually sell it when I figure out what is a fair price.

The Werndl 1867 interests me the most. From what I can gather it is a cavalry karabiner, due to it's sling swivel on the trigger guard and lack of bayonet lug. Apparently it is/was chambered in a special shorter cartridge 11.15 x 36mm rimmed. It would be fun to shoot but really "good luck", finding that one. Wish it was chambered in some more available rimmed pistol cartridge. Again I have no idea of value?
 
Cases can be made from 7.62x 54R Russian.
Trim to 1.5 inches.
Anneal.
Taper expand to 0.450 inches.
Trim to 1.41 inches.
Fire form.
Info from John J. Donnelly Handloaders Manual of CTG. Conversions.
Slug the bore.
Mine likes 45 ACP RN 0.452" Wolf Bullets.
 
Cases can be made from 7.62x 54R Russian.
Trim to 1.5 inches.
Anneal.
Taper expand to 0.450 inches.
Trim to 1.41 inches.
Fire form.
Info from John J. Donnelly Handloaders Manual of CTG. Conversions.
Slug the bore.
Mine likes 45 ACP RN 0.452" Wolf Bullets.

Thank you Pete04!
 
Back
Top Bottom