What is the best way to ship ammo

Unsub

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 98.7%
75   1   0
After giving up on the search function I thought this might be the place to find out what is the cheapest ,safest LEGAL way to send live factory ammo?
Any experiences bad or good would also be interesting. If there is a sticky somewhere I did not find it.
 
I have no experience with shipping large amounts of ammo, but recently shipped 50 rounds of rifle ammo via. UPS, well packaged and marked "Safety Cartridges, UN-0012. Consumer Quantity".
I sent it off through a local UPS Store in Alberta to Ontario with no problem. It cost $24.00, which was expensive, but it was a not commonly found calibre, and the buyer was willing to pay. The cost included a Tracking Number, and e-mail notification of delivery.
Apparently Fedex and DHL will do the same, but the UPS Store was the most convenient at this end. They also require a street address for delivery, not just a Box number.
I found the information re. shipping in earlier postings here on CGN.
Regards, DaveF.
 
If not urgent CANPAR would be the best when it comes to ammo or powder. Hazmat fee is $15 IIRC on top of the tariff. I do my best to avoid UPS

s>
 
Back
Top Bottom