What is the fair price for .22LR 12 shot?

OnnO

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Location
Markham, ON
Just found some Winchester .22LR 12 shot in the local Walmart, $8.xx a small box, about 10 rounds (no indication from the box)...

I love to support this Walmart, and making sure they keep the ammo department!

Thankz
 
I think last time i bought .22LR shotshells i paid about 12 bucks for a box of 50. I still have probably 43 of them, and they've been sitting for years. You can buy a bux of winchester 333 at walmart for 12 bucks, i'd buy that instead :)
 
I remember buying a box of 50 winchester .22 rat shot at walmart for like 5 bucks a couple years ago. Its pretty useless stuff though and expensive so just buy some Winchester 333 or 555 .22 lr
 
Last edited:
ya i've seen them at wally world and candiantire af ew times but haven't picke up a box. mainly cuz i'm unsure if i need a smoothore .22 to fire them or can i shoot it out of amy .22? will is screw up the rifling it i do?
 
It won't screw up the rifling, as the steel is harder than lead. It WILL throw the shot in a nice donut pattern that renders it totally useless further than 5 yrds, In my experience.
 
Just found some Winchester .22LR 12 shot in the local Walmart, $8.xx a small box, about 10 rounds (no indication from the box)...

I love to support this Walmart, and making sure they keep the ammo department!

Thankz


I think those boxes are actually 50 rounds. (Small squarish silver boxes?)
 
Used to be about 5 bucks a box of 50 .... Except for the fancier CCI stuff which goes for like 7 bucks a box of like 12 that comes in a rather nifty plastic holder thingy ... Never shot anything with either but tests at the range shows that the pattern will neatly cover a dinner plate at about 10-15 feet. Useful to get rats and pigeons and such inside a barn to shove off I suppose ... Can't think of any other use for it.
 
Once upon a time they did make .22 smooth bore shotguns that would be ideal with this ammo.

Marstar has one listed
http://www.marstar.ca/gf-usedguns/images/firearms/NS019-Rem-733-L.jpg

Interesting but not sure how practical!
 
Back
Top Bottom