What is this?

deuce19

Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Location
Toronto
Hey guys
I was given an opportunity to pick up this rifle, but neither I nor the seller know anything about it.
I can faintly make out the word london, but that's about it.

Any idea what it is or what its worth?


imgur.com/a/kTL1S
 
It looks like an economy grade english fowler, probably 1860's- 1870's the stock is rather beat up and cracked. whats the bore like ?

I would put the value at 100-200 depending on bore quality and lock condition.

Does the lock work ?

Cheers, McLean
 
The bore seemed ok, and the lock works.
I didn't take too hard of a look at the bore seeing as the rest of the rifle is in such bad shape.

Are these things fixable? and if so are they worth restoring?
 
The bore seemed ok, and the lock works.
I didn't take too hard of a look at the bore seeing as the rest of the rifle is in such bad shape.

Are these things fixable? and if so are they worth restoring?

the big thin is the breech end of the barel if its god with no pitting then the rest is just wood and some metal work
 
The bore seemed ok, and the lock works.
I didn't take too hard of a look at the bore seeing as the rest of the rifle is in such bad shape.

Are these things fixable? and if so are they worth restoring?

It is a shotgun, not a rifle.
As mentionned, it was an economy grade gun when it was made.
Not sure what you mean by restoration, but making sure the stock is sound (epoxy glue is great stuff), and gently cleaning the metal would be appropriate. Avoid sandpaper, wire wheels, etc. Use a rod to make sure it is not loaded. Wipe the bore out. Drop a little penlight down, and you will be able to see most of the bore.
I have fired low cost guns like that one, but only after I was satisfied that the gun was basically sound.
 
Back
Top Bottom