- Location
- Vancouver Island
Hey,
I'm looking at some rifle/musket repros-- some are blued and others say they're 'white'.
I know what bluing is, and I know what Parkerizing is, but what is 'white'? It that a finish, or
does that mean there's no finish on it at all? Wouldn't that lead to rust in just a few hours of dampness?
The white looks fine in the pics, but having a naked gun does not sound good, especially when shooting
black powder.
Can someone please explain to me what this 'white' finish is?
thx
CW
I'm looking at some rifle/musket repros-- some are blued and others say they're 'white'.
I know what bluing is, and I know what Parkerizing is, but what is 'white'? It that a finish, or
does that mean there's no finish on it at all? Wouldn't that lead to rust in just a few hours of dampness?
The white looks fine in the pics, but having a naked gun does not sound good, especially when shooting
black powder.
Can someone please explain to me what this 'white' finish is?
thx
CW


















































