I have an old Bess in 76+ caliber with a 42" barrel, it is longer than the stock by 5 3/4".
The lock is 6" long has Tower Proof behind the hammer and a crown in front of it.
No date on the lock or initials below the crown.
It has been converted from a flintlock to percussion at some time in its life.
The stock is different than any of the Bess muskets I have seen in the past.
There is a newer style butt than the traditional Bess examples I have observed.
Someone suggested it could be the Duke Of Richmond Pattern but the stock should be 4" from the muzzle.
It has been converted to percussion and the lock doesn't look like it was a conversion from the flint system.
What model Bess is this, and when would it have been converted, and for who?
The lock is 6" long has Tower Proof behind the hammer and a crown in front of it.
No date on the lock or initials below the crown.
It has been converted from a flintlock to percussion at some time in its life.
The stock is different than any of the Bess muskets I have seen in the past.
There is a newer style butt than the traditional Bess examples I have observed.
Someone suggested it could be the Duke Of Richmond Pattern but the stock should be 4" from the muzzle.
It has been converted to percussion and the lock doesn't look like it was a conversion from the flint system.
What model Bess is this, and when would it have been converted, and for who?


















































