What Kind of Inline Muzzleloader Do I Want ?

two-dogs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Location
SE MB RR CoC
looking for something easy to clean, something simple, 50 cal, scopeable, light weight, easy to get the primer on/off, reasonable quality, shorter type barrel etc.
Someone suggested a Traditions Pursuit.
Is that close to what I'm looking for?
Are there others to chose from meeting this criteria?
 
Last edited:
All of the inline stuff is pretty much the same as far as "basic function" and design. More bucks gets you fancier, better fit/finish, camo vs black, stainless barrel, fiber sights or scope etc.

If you are new to using a muzzle loader and "think" you are going to really get into it, spend a little more because you will just want better "later" if you do stick with it.

If you are just testing the water you can get a Traditions Buckstalker "kit", already scoped, with some added kit (almost everything you need except the powder/pellets) for about $400.

The Pursuit that you mention comes in a scoped model - the G4 Ultralight - and it is a very nice rifle. The rifle itself lists for about 500 bucks and you can count on at least another 100 bucks for pellets/powder, bullets/sabot's, cleaning supplies, a couple other jags, primers etc. Personally, if I was looking for an "inline", that particular model would be high on my list if I wanted to keep it under a grand - but I plan on sticking with my side hammers :)
 
my son spotted a sale at Cabela's, a Traditions with a huge scope on it 3x9x40, about a hundred bucks off, but I don't want that big of a scope.

I had a Safari Arms with 2 barrels many yrs ago, a 50 cal and a 54 cal, did a little ML hunting, but haven't gone since. This yr my son is going to be available for my partner, so I want to get set up a-sap.
 
Back
Top Bottom