What's involved in shipping an antique pistol from the US?

swampdog

Regular
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I've had a lot of things shipped from the US over the years. But never having imported an antique pistol from the US, I have a few questions.

When a seller in the US ships an antique pistol to Canada by USPS, what paperwork do they have to fill out? Should they declare on the USPS form attached to the package that the package contains a pistol? And do they need to include any documentation confirming the antique status of the pistol?
 
I assume you are aware that antique in the US is not necessarily antique here, even if pre-1899. In Canada it also depends on cal. If not sure have the gun verified against CFC Firearms Reference Table database where the legal status is nailed down for every FRT#, which is cal specific
 
Back
Top Bottom