Whats the difference between these two 45-90 dies

358Scout

Regular
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Location
Saskatoon
Need a set of proper dies for my Sharps.
Redding has dies marked 45-90 Winchester, and RCBS has 45-90 Sharps.
Other than price, is there a difference?
 
Both should do the job for you. The 2.4" Sharps & the .45-90 WCF share the same case dimensions. The Sharps was loaded with heavier bullets [edit] so a correspondingly longer OAL (Winnies sported a 300 grain, although I usually load mine with 405 g).

You can use a .45-70 die to seat & crimp/partial size as well, if you're stuck.

I have a set of CH4-D .45-90 dies, just another option to look at. They ship direct to Canada.
 
Last edited:
The C-H dies have worked well for me with my Pedersoli Sharps 45-90. I have also used a set of Lee 45-70 dies - the expander is fitted with a ram to compact the powder after settling it with a drop tube. I don't resize and seat my bullets by finger pressure and without any crimp.
 
Back
Top Bottom