Whats your opinion on HEVI load, shells.

GunGuy34

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Location
Fort Mcmurray
Ive heard that this brand HEVI is the ####, the best thing out there. It must be because i can never find any of it to try out, as well its expensive as hell.
 
At $20-25 for a box of 5 T shot "Dead Coyote" shells you would be better off buying a box of 25 lead T shot, or 20-25 #4 ( or your favorite size ) buck shot. As for their water fowling stuff. I can't justify shooting off $10-20 every time a duck flys by. I have gone hunting with people who took three shots with 3.5" Hevi-Shot Duck loads and still only managed too cripple. It's all in shot placement. Who cares how dense the shot is if you can't even get it on target. For ducks I use 2 3/4" Kent FaSteel in #3. Takes me ONE shot.
 
At $20-25 for a box of 5 T shot "Dead Coyote" shells you would be better off buying a box of 25 lead T shot, or 20-25 #4 ( or your favorite size ) buck shot. As for their water fowling stuff. I can't justify shooting off $10-20 every time a duck flys by. I have gone hunting with people who took three shots with 3.5" Hevi-Shot Duck loads and still only managed too cripple. It's all in shot placement. Who cares how dense the shot is if you can't even get it on target. For ducks I use 2 3/4" Kent FaSteel in #3. Takes me ONE shot.

The stuff ain't magical, but when you put the pattern where it should be, stuff dies instantly.
I have shot a pile of the Kent product similar called Tungsten Matrix, a little less expensive, equally deadly on 50 yard plus birds. FS
 
Back
Top Bottom