When Men were Men!

Don't take him to heart Michael. Once you see what he posts about, you will note that there is a lot more hat than cattle in that particular cowboy.

Cheers
Trev

Trev,

I am not loosing any sleep over here on that comment.
Just because something is old does not necessarily make it valuable.
With more than 70 Winchesters in my collection and having looked at
more than 8000 of them I think I have a pretty good idea of what is
a 'typical' accepted value for any individual gun. That is not to say that
there will not be someone who may assign a value that is higher or lower
based on their personal tastes.

Michael
 
Yeah. Value.

That one is in condition that would make it pretty 'guilt-free' as far as a restoration, at least, a sympathetic restoration, goes.

Good using gun, rather than a collection centerpiece.

I have seen an awful lot of worse looking guns with 'museum quality' prices on them. Unless it has some historical connection to someone famous, or a famous or imfamous event, then it's just a neat old gun that works and could stand some tender lovin' care.
Clean it, oil it, make sure it's in decent mechanical shape overall, and use the heck outta it, with appropriate ammo.

Cheers
Trev
 
antiqueguy wrote:

Sorry that you discount my opinion so much. My value determination is based on watching hundreds of similar condition shotguns actually selling for in auctions.
What shotguns are being offered for is of no consequence if they do not sell for that price.

And, for your information I have over 11,000 forum posts on the Gunvaluesboard.com website where I am a moderator.

Michael

Thanks for the link..
 
Here is a Model 1887 which I own that definitely cost more than $1000!
1C2A1760_zps4784717f.jpg


1C2A1763_zps690e1fd4.jpg


1C2A1781_zpsa81aa467.jpg


1C2A1765_zpsfb9f34c7.jpg


1C2A1782_zpsb2886b98.jpg


1C2A1771_zpsded04317.jpg


1C2A1770_zps1e49bfca.jpg
 
Nice piece of history you have there, I just got a hold of a 1901, and am now trying to get my hands on a buttplate for it, Unfortunately it is proving to be difficult.

I need an entire butt stock, After ordering from Macon gun works I have a piece of wood that I could have made myself. That is after they sent me the first package with the wrong stock destined for another customer.
The fit to the tang and socket on the macon stock is not even close - still cutting grooves on the wood and the wood is over 1/4 inch too big. I kept it because when I have a week or so it will get fitted. It is also $30.00 to ship back
so over $60.00 in shipping on a $70.00 stock...
 
I need an entire butt stock, After ordering from Macon gun works I have a piece of wood that I could have made myself. That is after they sent me the first package with the wrong stock destined for another customer.
The fit to the tang and socket on the macon stock is not even close - still cutting grooves on the wood and the wood is over 1/4 inch too big. I kept it because when I have a week or so it will get fitted. It is also $30.00 to ship back
so over $60.00 in shipping on a $70.00 stock...


I need the (main)spring to bring mine back to life....:redface:...any ideas ?
 
I need the (main)spring to bring mine back to life....:redface:...any ideas ?

A mainspring from a chinese clone will work or serve as a pattern. spring steel is not difficult to shape and drill, then temper.
You could buy a new one from a dealer, sell me the stock for $120 and part it out after you take the mainspring...
 
I need an entire butt stock, After ordering from Macon gun works I have a piece of wood that I could have made myself. That is after they sent me the first package with the wrong stock destined for another customer.
The fit to the tang and socket on the macon stock is not even close - still cutting grooves on the wood and the wood is over 1/4 inch too big. I kept it because when I have a week or so it will get fitted. It is also $30.00 to ship back
so over $60.00 in shipping on a $70.00 stock...

Preach on. I got one too. Semi inlet apparently means "Vaguely shaped" It's a lot of work. Good thing I work cheap.
 
Back
Top Bottom