Where can I purchase Swiss BP?

Win 38-55

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The title says it all, although I would prefer an Ontario source. Neither Shooters Choice nor Ellwood Epps has it listed
 
I haven't been able to find it in western Canada - been searching for 2 years. Tried unsuccessfully to find some in Idaho and Washington state as well back in March. Good luck in the search and please let us know if you find a source in Canada or wherever.
 
I got some Swiss BP from Hillfolk Musket Supplies in Senlac, SK. I called Beckey and she ordered it in for me, took a few months to come in but I got it.
 
I've heard that there should soon be a supplier of Swiss in Alberta. I don't remember who was going to be th importer but it was posted a month or two ago on the Shiloh and ASSRA sites. Mind you that's not a lot of use to you eastern guys.

Chris.
 
I've heard that there should soon be a supplier of Swiss in Alberta. I don't remember who was going to be th importer but it was posted a month or two ago on the Shiloh and ASSRA sites. Mind you that's not a lot of use to you eastern guys.

Chris.

yep no use to me id love to get some swiss 1 1/2 to use in my martini
 
GOEX should work okay. Marvin Gearhart was very particular what went into his muzzleloaders, which was part of the reason he bought the old plant when duPont closed it down.

GOEX is Gearhart-Owen EXplosives division. They build oilfield logging and perforating trucks, among other things. My Dad bought 4 trucks off them at one time or another, got to know Marvin Gearhart well enough to go to BBQs and shoots out on the ranch.

LOT of explosives used in the oil patch: perforating, seismic, casing cutting, backoffs, packer setting, plug setting, fluid level checking, you name it. If you need a Big Hammer or a Big Wrench and what you are working on is a couple of miles straight DOWN, you use explosives...... and they gotta be GOOD.
 
GOEX should work okay. Marvin Gearhart was very particular what went into his muzzleloaders, which was part of the reason he bought the old plant when duPont closed it down.

GOEX is Gearhart-Owen EXplosives division. They build oilfield logging and perforating trucks, among other things. My Dad bought 4 trucks off them at one time or another, got to know Marvin Gearhart well enough to go to BBQs and shoots out on the ranch.

LOT of explosives used in the oil patch: perforating, seismic, casing cutting, backoffs, packer setting, plug setting, fluid level checking, you name it. If you need a Big Hammer or a Big Wrench and what you are working on is a couple of miles straight DOWN, you use explosives...... and they gotta be GOOD.

ive not had a problem with goex but swiss is a different recipe and is found to burn cleaner and ignite easier their 1 1/2 is supposed to be really good in the .577-450
 
That would be most interesting to find out, friend.

BTW, if you don't want to mess up that $6-a-pop brass with Sulphur, have you tried SR-4759? It is smokeless, of course, but works well at 38%-of-Black-by-weight. My Mausers love the stuff and I will be feeding it to a couple of Martinis here...... if my new Mould ever gets here. No wads, no constrictor sleeves, just 38% by weight of your Black charge. For a Martini that would be (85x.38=) 32.3 grains. I am feeding my Mausers with (77x.38=) 29 grains, which is getting close to a full case; it is really bulky.
 
Interesting that nobody has mentioned what the selling price would be here in good old Canada. The last I heard it was over $50.00 per pound. I buy it in New York State which is only a short drive for me. I just bought two pounds of 1 1/2 Swiss for $21.95 a pound a couple of months ago. Perfectly legal on both USA and Canadian sides of the border. Dave
 
I've heard that there should soon be a supplier of Swiss in Alberta. I don't remember who was going to be th importer but it was posted a month or two ago on the Shiloh and ASSRA sites. Mind you that's not a lot of use to you eastern guys.

Chris.

Prophet River has paperwork on the go to start getting swiss.
Still in process a week or so ago.

I met and shot with the owner of Shiloh Rifles couple of weeks ago.
He prefers Goex.
 
Back
Top Bottom