Where do you Black Powder shooters

kodiak1

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Where do you Black Powder shooters get your Powder and Shot Dipper from?
Been looking on line found a lot of places selling a Lee Plastic adjustable. Contacted Lee was told nope we don't build them anymore. I want to find a decent Brass one.
Let me know where you shotgun shooters are getting your dippers please!!

Thanks
 
Where do you Black Powder shooters get your Powder and Shot Dipper from?
I want to find a decent Brass one.
Let me know where you shotgun shooters are getting your dippers please!!

You might get lucky and find an original one at a gunshow. Alternately I recall someone measuring how much shot would fill a adjustable powder measure relative to the powder being measured. Surprisingly a powder measure will hold roughly the correct amount of shot to go with that charge. Set your powder measure for 80 grains ( think 12 guage and 3 drahms) and it holds roughly 1 oz of shot

cheers mooncoon
 
hop on the FaceBook longrifle builders pages (there is a stack of them) and see what people are making - then offer to buy.
 

I made a shot snake using a commercially made measuring tip. It works well but the minimum setting is over 1 oz, which is what I prefer to shoot. If you are using one, have the snake on your right side, if you are right handed. That is the side that you pivot from when shooting and if it is on the opposite side, I find it interferes or slows down my swing

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom