Where do you buy lee 44 russian die set in Canada?

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
I used to have a set, i thought wholesale sold theses but i dont see em listed my 44 mag dies wont crimp or seat the bullets being to long.

Do most people just buy 44 sp dies or is someone else selling LEE Carbide 44 Russian dies up here ?
 
I just saw yesterday that I have 2 sets. You can have one if you like at my cost plus shipping, that would be $60 I think. Brand new. PM me if interested.
 
Thanks for the info/offer guys but a freind of mine just pointed out i can just shorten my RCBs 44 mag crimping seating die and use it !

Dont know why i did not think of that as i dont reload the 44 mag anyway just the 44 sp and now 44 russian.
Should be a easy job in my lathe as the seating/crimping die is not carbide only the resizer.
Thanks Rob :p
 
44 special dies will work as well
Andrew at higginsons has 44 russian lee dies
If you use 44 special or 44 mag, you may want to get a lee 44 Russian crimp die.

I can load 44 mag on my 44 russian dies, just have to adjust the bullet seating and crimp.
 
Good info ,I may be getting a .44 russian S&W soon. Does anyone know if all S&W d.a. .44 russian were made before 1898? ie. antique?

IIRC all the frames were made prior to 1898 so the answer is yes. I will try and find a reference... I think I read it on the S&W forum.

If you are buying try and find a long cylinder version, 1 9/16 vs 1 7/16. The longer ones will accept .44 SPL. I don't know how rare they are, but the one I bought was the long... Last patent date on the barrel was 1894 I believe.

I get my die sets from Factory Sales in the US. Used to go to Higginson's but they were really hit and miss about responding to emails.
 
Back
Top Bottom