Where oh where?!?

gro0ve

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Owen Sound, ON.
Ok, where in Canada can I find a decent smooth bore musket with antique status that's new manufacture and has a classic wood/blue/case hardened lock look to it??

I understand cabella's has some rifled ones but I'd like the opportunity to use shot as well as solid projectiles.

Any idea's?
 
Loyalist Arms.

made in india

what knid of "musket" are you looking for military or some sort of trade gun (btw not all muzzleloaders are muskets that is mostly used for military smooth bore guns) a trade gun(or sporting gun) you pretty much going build your self or have someone build it for you pedersoli makes a few military ones and even a trade type one and a few makers have military ones that are not indian made although they cost alot more but its your safety on the line
 
Well the style I'm going for is more of a trade gun/Pennsylvania look.

I'll check out loyalist, safety is certainly an issue, if I can't afford to shoot it without a risk to my life then I'll save for a custom. thanks!
 
By "antique status"..."new manufacture" I presume you are looking for a new fllintlock musket

Marstar has some smoothbore flinters, if you don't want to build your own through TOTW or Dixie

http://ww w.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=75934



I have no first hand experience with these units, just pointing you in a direction that could be useful

Good luck
 
much appreciated,

also, would using shot in a rifled flintlock be all that bad? or is it going to spread the pattern too much to be effective for small game?
 
Well the style I'm going for is more of a trade gun/Pennsylvania look.

I'll check out loyalist, safety is certainly an issue, if I can't afford to shoot it without a risk to my life then I'll save for a custom. thanks!

well pennsylvania is a rifle so goo luck there (most rifle stock of that time are not ment to be shoulded BTW ever see the angle and curve of the buttplate its ment to use used on ones bicep) but theres plenty of different types of trade guns and smooth rifles out there take a look you can import a flintlock long gun no problem from anywhere in the world with no paper work
 
I have a traditions penslyvannia rifle and really like it. Its a 50 cal and I took a nice mule deer buck with it at 60 yards this year too.

Fires everytime and is dead accurate.

Cheers, McLean
 
There are all sorts of smoothbore flintlock (therefore antique status) guns to be had. Because of status, you can buy from the US without having a problem with export controls.
Marstar carries a line. Shooters Choice (google) also carries them. If you want a trade musket, look at North Star West. Sporting shotguns, as opposed to muskets or fusils are an option.
 
Back
Top Bottom