Alchemy Metals in Hamilton, Ontario.
Cheers,
Ricky
Alchemy is the parent company of Aim Projectiles.
Alchemy Metals in Hamilton, Ontario.
Cheers,
Ricky
Alchemy selling Linotype for $8.24/lb and musket lead for $5.55/lb...
Wow, that's a large price.
The price included shipping according to postal code....
Holy crap - did anyone actually buy it at that price?? That's crazy!
I think you could actually buy it cheaper on ebay.
Alchemy selling Linotype for $8.24/lb and musket lead for $5.55/lb...
Isn't it linotype is purer than musket lead?
Look for a local battery recycler. Mine is Metalex in Richmond. They recover lead from batteries and sell it in pure ingot form. Bonus is I get rid of my old batteries at the same time. Two birds, one stone...
I prefer pure lead so I can blend it the way I want. Soft for antique and harder for the newer stuff.
Musket lead should be near pure lead. Very soft.
Linotype has a lot of tin in the mix. Very hard. Tin isn't cheap.
If you want to know what the actual price for lead is supposedly at, check out Rotometals.com site.
You will pretty much have to buy in ton qty's to get anywhere near spot, then pay trucking. A ton of lead does not take up much space!
Check out the phone book for metals dealers. If you are near a reasonable sized city, you should have at least one that deals in ingots of known alloy. If you want mixed alloys for specific mixtures, without doing it yourself, expect to pay!
The pure lead ingots I have are marked The Canada Metal Company Limited Winnipeg. FWIW.
Cheers
Trev

As mentioned.. car batteries are everywhere and weigh around 50 pounds and you only get around 10 bucks for them at the scrappers.. Just not sure how pure they are but guessing 99% pure?...
Not sure what you are thinking there 'lefty ... and no offence ... batteries are highly toxic, not something for us homeguys to be messing with.
Thanks for head up on Metalex, they have 3% antimony lead (WW) for $1.14/# in 60# ingots.
Call my old supplier on Marine drive that used to sell lead cable sheathing for 35c/#, wish I bough lots more back then.



























