While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi, I'm new to CGN and just trying to navigate my way around. I am looking for a 1800s brown Bess, I am fascinated by these and always wanted one, I am looking for a good replica that is not too expensive, can anyone help?
There's one for sale on the Muzzleloading Forum ( a Pedersoli with the Pedersoli bayonet) for a pretty reasonable price. Do a search to find the website.
I have a Loyalist Arms M1842 Springfield smoothbore musket that I'm happy with,but I
don't know what their Brown Bess muskets are like: http://www.loyalistarms.ca/muskets.html
Track has a kit for the First Model (mid 1700's), h ttp://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/GunKit.aspx/603/1/1746-BROWN-BESS-MUSKET-PARTS-LIST
Getting flinters & kits out of the states is a non-issue so don't be afraid to poke around some of the US sites if you can't find one in Canada.
Originals show up from time to time, there's been a couple on the EE over the past year; and some on the Collector's Source. Refinished/poor condition they fall well under a grand; and depending on condition, climb well into the thousands
There are replicas out there that can shoot and there are replicas out there for re-enacting, but weren't made for firing actual projectiles. Depending on what you want the musket for, that could be an important factor.