Where to fnd "acorn primers"?

cyclone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
You know, the kind that fit into the HC rimfire-round reloading kits....is this a standard hardware-store item?


Specifically called the .22/6mm acorn blank ?
 
Canadian Dog and gun carry the 22 acorn blanks that work best in the HC collections brass just google them.
The Dixie gun works 41 rf brass is better than the HC stuff tho.
 
You know, the kind that fit into the HC rimfire-round reloading kits....is this a standard hardware-store item?


Specifically called the .22/6mm acorn blank ?

I just ordered some from Hero outdoors.
Cheapest place I found at $9.99 per 100
They are also in Toronto.
 
They used to come in a little round tin, 100 in a tin.

They are little copper cases, look like a super-short .22, crimped over, copper casing, very loud.

They have an Acorn for a headstamp and are made by Rheinisch-Westfahlisch-Sprengstoffsfabriken - Werke Nobel.

German, just in case you didn't know.

Should be able to get them just about anywhere the healthy people swarm. They have to have the things for starting races, competitions and all those other important things.
 
I can never find them here and I don't feel like shipping them so what I've used on he off set brass is .22 ramset blanks cut the crimp off and dump the powder they can be trimmed a good bit the ones I've been getting are made by cci
 
Another thing to do is to alter the HC cases so they take the 27 cal hilti ammos just cut off the crimp and dump out the powder.
The reason i like the 27 cal hiltis is there dia is bigger so the rim is much closer to the real factory 41 rf ammos.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom